Rolling Hills Community Church is dedicated to standing with and supporting the local families of our military heroes. Our military families have sacrificed so much and tend to be affected in many unimaginable ways by the responsibility laid on our troops. Theirs is a battle of time, energy, and emotion that rarely is recognized outside the military ranks.
The purpose of the Military Support ministry is to meet the needs of our troops, veterans and their families through a variety of resources. This ministry is our way of saying, “Thank you,” and showing our appreciation to our military and their families for the sacrifice they make to sustain our freedom and way of life.
They have served us, now we would like to serve them.
We desire to come alongside our current and returning troops, as well as veterans from previous wars, to provide support on an individual basis. This may include:
- Connecting them with a Battle Buddy for one-on-one encouragement and support
- Resiliency Teams to provide a safe atmosphere for processing and debriefing
- Links to other resources, blogs, services and agencies in our community
We also desire to provide support for military families whose loved one is deployed. This may include:
- Resources such as a household handyman, prayer support, connection with other military families in the community, occasional childcare, etc.
- Family Support Group
- Welcome Home Baskets
- Welcome Home Getaways (for the family or a couple)
Volunteer to be a “Battle Buddy” or request one for yourself. This is an opportunity for service men or women who served in any war or combat theater to connect one-on-one with someone who shares a common experience. Grab a cup of coffee together, go fishing, go for a hike, or just hang out.
Military Support Ministry Information:
Shirley O’Farrell · email@example.com
Do you have family, friends or loved ones serving our country in the military?
We would like to pray for them and honor them on our Active Military Bulletin Board.
Please click on the link to the left and fill out the form with the requested information.